Data Center Fleischmarkt
The Central Location for Your IT
next layer has operated data centers in several Vienna locations since 2005 and currently operates more than 200 cabinets. With its own data center in the heart of Vienna at Fleischmarkt 19, next layer offers its customers a new data center with optimal accessibility and the highest technical standards.
Thanks to its location and high standards, this next layer data center serves as an ideal network hub and data center for broadband-intensive services or as a centrally located backup data center.
During the data center’s design and construction, the implementation of current standards received special attention. The data center offers high levels of service and energy efficiency. It provides everything that can be expected from a Tier II+ class data center at attractive rates.
We decided to choose this location not just because of its perfect location in the heart of Vienna and its quality as a former bank data centre but also because of its networking advantages. It can connect to practically all of Vienna’s fiber-optic networks: some are located nearby, some are already inside the data center. Via next layer’s City-Backbone, you are directly connected to 20 public data centers and more than 50 office buildings in Vienna:
- 1 or 10, 40 and 100 Gbps Ethernet, as well as 8 and 16 Gbps Fiber Channel distance throughout Vienna
- 5 different and independent fiberglass rings in the building
- Direct connections to the three VIX sites and other Internet nodes
- Immediate 500 Gbps connection, IPv4 and IPv6
- Increases and protects your data security and availabilitynext layer has years of experience operating systems in critical business environments that require the highest security measures.
- Reduces the strain on your internal IT resources and lets you concentrate on your core business
- Reduced investment costs, easy scalability and predictable running costs. Costly investments in expensive system-rooms become unnecessary. next layer’s data center offers businesses of any size a reasonably priced alternative that enables you to lower your costs and make them predictable. Data Center at a central location (Vienna City Center at a prime networking location)
- Colocation services including internet connectivityThis reduces your costs even further and enables you to reduce the number of points of contact for your online presence.
Data center area/cage (m2)
Full Cabinet (19 “, 42 height units, depth 120 cm)
Half Cabinet (19 “, 18 height units, depth 120 cm)
Quad Cabinet (19 “, 8 height units, depth 120 cm)
Power supplied through 100% renewable energy, “Green-IT”
Each circuit is UPS secured
N + 1 redundant UPS system
Emergency power systems can provide at least 48 hours of backup power
Each circuit has its own residual current operated circuit-breaker with overcurrent protection (RCBO).
3 separate power transformers feed the system
- Redundant circulating air coolers (N + 1)
- Cold aisle cooling according to ASHRAE 2008
- Air pressure, temperature and humidity sensors
- All cabinets are pre-wired with redundant Cat 6a, and are fiber-optics ready
- Redundant connection to data center via 5 different fiber-optic links
- Direct connection to the 500 km metro network and next layer’s Austria backbone
- Direct fiber-optic connection to 20 data centers and over 50 office buildings in Vienna
- Internet connection via fiber, 10 Mbps to 100 Gbps possible
- Redundancy configuration of Internet connections, IPv4 + IPv6
Certification according to the internationally accredited DIN/ISO IEC 27001 Norm standards
24/7 autonomous biometric access to the cabinet, each cabinet can be individually locked
Intrusion detection system with outer shell protection, security and security service alert
Video surveillance with recording
Early fire detection
Raised floor gas-based extinguisher system
Leakage warning system
Continuous 24/7 monitoring of the entire infrastructure via our next layer monitoring system (NLM)
Business Service Levels
Provision of ongoing operation 24/7
Service availability between 99.9 and 99.99% per year
Centrally located public transport connection (3 subway lines)
Ground-level delivery access
Parking available in the building
Staging and waiting area for customers
- DIN EN ISO 27001 based on IT Baseline Protection* Information Security Management System