Layer 2 – Ethernet Connections
To connect external locations – in the metro area, nationally or internationally – corporate units are connected using Layer 2 Ethernet services. Often, simple requirements such as connecting an external service make the initial expansion of the company’s own network necessary. But sometimes we need to build complex infrastructures across many sites to ensure a smooth flow of communication with field offices, partners, and suppliers. Ethernet-based location networking gives you the highest possible flexibility for your network design, regardless of whether you connect your locations to your headquarters or to a data center, with specific point-to-point connections or via a bundled interface. Above all, this modern technology is particularly cost-effective.
- Transported protocols 802.1q headers, 802.1p headers, STP, R-STP, PVST, MSTP, MPLS, LDP
- Frame sizes at least 1900 bytes (on-net) or 1526 bytes (off-net), VLAN-transparent
- Choice of 12 different optical and electrical interfaces from 100 Mbps to 100 Gbps
- Service Level Agreements (SLA) on Frame Loss and Round Trip Time (RTT)
- Defined procedures for maintenance and filtering
- Reporting and detailed information on line connections via web interface
Our contribution to your success: next layer operates its own fail-safe fiber-optic network, provides you with Ethernet network services in standard bandwidths and gives you the option of adapting bandwidths to your specific needs at any given time. We go beyond providing solutions, we are committed to providing services tailored specifically to your needs. To extend our network, increase redundancy, and for select international connections, we have established reliable partnerships with other quality providers to which we are connected by Network-Network Interfaces (NNI).
Why next layer?
Our solutions are based on state-of-the-art technology and years of experience. This makes us particularly versatile. We can provide customized solutions, yet remain transparent and cost-effective.