Storage on Demand – Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
Storage Space in the Cloud!
Practical experience supports what quite a few studies by well-known market research institutes (Gartner, IDC …) have found: the need for storage capacities will continue to increase rapidly. For many companies, outsourcing data storage to a data center is an interesting alternative – be it to minimize operating expenses or CAPEX, or to increase data security by using an external location.
Benefits of Next Layer Storage on Demand
- Data storage in three high-end data center locations in Vienna
- Availability in many data center locations in Austria, connected customer sites, or via Internet
- Highest availability through redundancy and cluster technology
- Scalability by easy provisioning of further capacity
- High cost-effectiveness through predictable usage-based pricing
- Brand hardware by Netapp and Dell
|SATA||SATA disks are slower disks but tend to have high storage density. This tier is ideal for backup and archive.|
|SATA with SSD Pool||Netapp Flash pool technology buffer the SATA disks with an SSD disk pool – a kind of cache.|
|SAS||SAS disks create more IOs and have lower latencies than SATA disks, making them well-suited for virtualization or databases.|
|SSD||Solid state disks for the highest performance.|
Supported Protocols and Features
|iSCSI||Connectivity is provided via a dedicated 10 GBit/s Storage Area Network (SAN).|
|NFS and CIFS||Connectivity via next layer Carrier Network, with speeds up to 100 GBit/s.|
|S3||Encrypted connections over public Internet – from anywhere.|
Whether you’re looking for additional backup space on a VM or for your servers in next layer’s data center, or for primary storage for a virtualization platform that you build with our root server – Storage on Demand offers the right tools. With our network services, you can use our storage infrastructure from a different datacenter or business location, from fast SSD storage to outsourced long-term archives.
Why next layer?
- High-End Hardware
- 24/7 professional operation
- 24/7 hotline service
- 10/100 Gbps connection
- ISO 27001 certified data centers
- Storage and Data in Austria